Wednesday, October 22, 2014

... happy day...‏

15 September 2014

Well, because like no one wrote me this week, I have plenty of time to write you guys... :/ But really, it's ok... at least I got one picture of London... Welcome to the family princess! And I am glad you were born on the 12th so we could all remember your birthday.

Sorry... I went to go look at the pictures and I hit send. So ya'll get 2 today.


Make that 3... I really am NOT trying to be obnoxious for reals... Well I sent 3 pictures... That's good right... The car is because I really liked the trees together and I thought it looked artsy... could be wrong but I like it... The other one is the inside of a colectivo... or bus. Yep, our mode of transportation... So maybe that BMW or RWB would be a step up dad... ;)
Well, this week... was really good. The same as most other weeks. We had to drop some investigators that we have been working with for a very long time. But others are progressing a lot. We will have a baptism this Saturday if everything goes well... I pray it will. Her name is Eli. She is a young mom. I think I sent you a picture of her on my birthday, but she is great. She has a lot of people against her in what she is doing but she is strong!
This week we had a very humbling experience. Most of the time we deal with people who have blind faith in Jesus Christ because they don't know much, but this week we meet a man who is an evangelical and tried to convince us that we were wrong. I tried to use doctrine to help him understand but then realized that he knows the Bible inside and out and I don't and also that he was there to fight and we weren't. So, we just had to sit there humbly and take it. All. Whatever he was saying. And he was saying a lot of things that were harsh... But later when we watched the movie "To This End Was I Born" for ward night, I felt like Jesus probably felt the same way. He just had to take it. All. And He humbly and meekly took it all. The King and Creator of this world. The Prophet of prophets and Lord of lords took it all. He perfectly forgave them for what they did and said and submitted to the will of His Father. While I am not perfect and we didn't take nearly as much as Him, I feel more worthy of Him now that I know that I stood up for His name. We never backed down. And I know we can't because our salvation is on the line. So no matter what it means... no matter what they do to me or say to us, we will stand as His representatives at all times and in all things and in all places. We know "...that [we] should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ." (Alma 31:38)
I love you all so much! Have a great week!!
ME!







No comments:

Post a Comment