Monday, September 9, 2013

Zabillos Que‏

9 September 2013

Well, I hope you all had a fabulous week. I did have pictures of our house I was going to send you but my camera is at home... sorry. 
Our new area is Zabillos Que B. It is really close to Asuncion. It is where the Zoo and Botanical Gardens are... Kind of exciting except the zoo is open every day but Monday... but we are excited to visit the gardens! :) Pictures to come. We are closer to the river now so the plants here are insanely beautiful and tropic. Every time I see a wild orchid I freak a little! I love the plants here! :)
This week has been really strange because of the sudden change. We got to go back to Mariano for the baptism of the daughter of Hna. Blasida (Family Ferraita, I think I have talked about them before) Her oldest son (16 years old) baptized her because their dad is not active and it was INCREDIBLE. Carlitos is the boy. He is the one that when we got here was kind of a punk and would fight with his mom all the time and now he goes to the temple once a week and is preparing for his mission and baptized his sister. We all cried a lot! It was kind of hard because it was our time to say goodbye. We had no notice before we left, and so we all cried... a lot!
Work here in this area ... well there is a lot of it to do. So many less active (they are really inactive but we say they are less active to be more tactful I think... is tactful a word?... I have no idea.) I did the math and it would take the 14 pairs of visiting teachers they have working 8 hours 6 days a week to visit all the less active sisters in a week... It is SAD but ain't nobody got time for that, so we have to find and visit the ones we can. It is fun but hard work. But we are receiving the strength to do so! Thanks for all your love and support! And the support of the Lord. On a really hard night I was reading a cheesy Liahona story and a little boy said he had a dream and in the dream, Jesus was there and He was holding him. I broke down in tears as I realized that is how I feel. In hard times He is literally holding us, and when we are weak, we can lean on Him. He is my strength and my song! (2 Nephi 22:2)
I think now I'm going to go sleep! 
Love you all!!!
Hna. Lutz

No comments:

Post a Comment