Monday, August 26, 2013

Leaving of Warm water and the Coming of Santa Rosa!‏

26 August 2013

First, I would like to start by saying thank you for all of your prayers and support. I feel them. Prayer is So powerful! Someone in the last conference said that there is nothing more powerful than a mother's prayer for her children. (I don't remember who and I don't wanna take a stab in the dark... that is how you kill people!) 
One kind of material experience for you... Mom sent a package, right and she sent it like 3 weeks before my Birthday... which was good by the way... and I was pretty sure I wasn't getting it in time but it got to me 20 days after she sent it... as far as I know it usually takes 2-3 months. I'm convinced it got delivered on angels' wings because she broke multiple rules... one being she didn't put a single catholic picture on the box another being she sent 2 pairs of shoes together... you are supposed to send them one at a time... but it all got here without a problem and before my birthday!!! So, thanks Mom for praying for my package!!! :)
This week was kind of strange weather wise as in one day it is 99 and the next it is 40 and cold and raining. We had a third of the normal amount of people at church... the President of the Branch didn't even come. It was like a blizzard Sunday! We are the only crazies that walk the streets but that is ok. It is beautiful and green when it is raining! Also you can look it up, but about a year ago in Mariano Roque Alonso (where I am) there was a crazy bad wind storm that like destroyed houses and stuff and we are expecting another one Friday this week... it is called Storm Santa Rosa... doesn't that just sound really loverly? I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to experience it. But I hope it doesn't do too much damage. 
I was reading this morning the talk "The Hope of God's Light" by Pres. Uchtdorf which is an incredible talk and was overwhelmed but the hope and joy that comes from knowing that Jesus is The Christ and Our Salvador! I'm SO grateful that we were raised with this knowledge and that it is always there to bring light to dark nights or dark lives. :) I Know that Jesus Christ lives! And that is what I am in Paraguay to teach!!!
I Love you all!!! Enjoy the pictures of My birthday and the Rio Paraguay!
Love, Hna- Lutz

Me on the stretch bridge above the Rio Paraguay

21 candles... it looks like SO many doesn't it!

Me... with my cake and ICE CREAM!!! My house mates love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment